Skip to main content

COURAGE....Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

Last week, I wrote about storms and how they can be beneficial for us…if they keep us reaching for Jesus and shaping us to be more like Him.  

This week I have decided to write about courage.  We have to be courageous through the storms in our lives.




“The only way we’ll ever stand is on our knees with lifted hands.” Casting Crowns, Courageous


I wake up early…pour a cup of coffee and exhale.  Exhaling the fear and stress over the last couple of weeks and wondering how am I going to find the courage to move into this storm that is trying to come in and destroy. Inhaling hope and strength.  
 





I’m betting we all know people who we would say are courageous.  I know some people that I would definitely say have a lot of courage to do some of the things they do on a daily bases.  There is one person in particular that I know has tremendous courage and I admire her so much. 






Over the past couple of weeks…the storm of this situation has been blowing around us and trying to knock us down but we have braced ourselves in the grace of Jesus and we have anchored our feet next to His.  When the storm tries to bring us down…we lean into Him and He doesn’t let us fall.  This takes courage.

It takes courage to stay the road that is in the path of this storm.  It takes courage to trust…to keep our trust in the “pre-miracle” part of this storm.  It takes courage to just do today and not worry about tomorrow.  It takes courage to wake up every morning and say, “Ok God…what do You have for me today and how do You want me to serve…today.”





… “be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thess. 5:16–18).





Sometimes I feel like knocking on heaven’s door and asking, “Hey, why again?”  And then other times I feel like kicking the door down and saying, “REALLY, I’m supposed to be joyful?”  Sure it’s ok to be angry about the storm but that won’t accomplish anything but allow the storm to rip me apart.  I have to breathe and let my heart align with His.  Because this storm…not only hurts me but it hurts Him.  And He says, “Knock it down Michelle- with Me!”




The lady that has tremendous courage…she and I will knock it down together with Him.



When I start thinking of the positives in this storm…the winds die down some.  When I start thanking Him for these positives….it’s almost as if the waves stop.  JOY! Keep thanking Him during this storm and we can walk through it…together.  JOY! Keep thanking Him for the blessing of this storm and He calms our worries and our fears.  JOY! The minute the winds kick up and the waves start to crash around us…thank Him for the positives and the blessings.  This calms the storm.  JOY!

Yes, Jesus always gives us the option to choose Him.  He always leaves the door open to Him.  He asks, “Do you want to be healed?” (John 5:6) “Give thanks and keep your eyes on Me.  I must become greater!”  He is bigger than this storm.  



 “I will praise You in this storm.”  Casting Crowns,
Praise You in This Storm.
  

So…every morning I get my cup of coffee, exhale and ask God, “How do you want me to serve You today?” And then I write out my thanks and listen for Him.




Comments

  1. Beautiful! Great reminder to lean on God but also to start our day asking Him how we can best serve and honor in all our actions. Your pictures beautifully illustrate and your verses were well thought out throughout the post. Blessings for a beautiful day honoring God in all! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how it DOES take courage to stand in the path of the storm. YES! And God is faithful to make us stand strong! Beautiful photos here and reminders that God loves us so, that He allowed that cross to be built so that we could lean into it. I pray God continues to strengthen you to stand.

    Missy (OBS Blog Hop Team)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your blogs & how you invoke the feelings of your message through photographs. I also loved how you paint word pictures when you write things like: "Exhaling the fear and stress...inhaling hope and strength" and "braced ourselves in the grace of Jesus and we have anchored our feet next to His." I could also really relate when you said: "Sometimes I feel like knocking on heaven’s door and asking, “Hey, why again?” And then other times I feel like kicking the door down and saying, “REALLY, I’m supposed to be joyful?” And you are so right - we need to kick those doors down WITH God! Thanks for your inspiration today :)
    Katrina Wylie (OBS small group leader)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katrina! Kicking doors down with God!!! It's always so much better to kick them down with Him and keep Him with me during the storms. When I try to do it all by myself the storm increases but with Him in my boat...it's so much better.

      Delete
  4. YES!! He is bigger than the storm. Thanks for another great post. I really enjoyed sharing this journey with you!!! ~ Miriam (http://cravingsconfidential.blogspot.com).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girlie!! I too have enjoyed this journey with you and love your blog!!! :)

      Delete
  5. 'Inhaling hope and strength' such a calm thought and your words are so serene but pack a powerful punch. I love the pictures they make everything perfect. I loved reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Worry? Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

  This week's blog topic from Proverbs 31 OBS is on “Worry”… AND I know a thing or two about worry.  I’m betting a lot of you reading this do as well.  Dictionary.com defines worry as: “ to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts; fret. ” Torment oneself.  Suffer.  Fret.  That’s what I can do to myself sometimes.   I’ve heard that if you worry you don’t really trust that God can handle it.  You don’t trust God with it.  That’s hard to swallow for me.  Because I worry about my kids, my family, me, friends, etc.  But I’m in the Bible every single day.  I am a Jesus girl.  So for me to worry and then see that my worry means I don’t trust that God can handle it is hard.  UGH.   I am getting better about it though.  My time with God every morning is helping.  When I start to worry about something…I begin to pray.  I stop the tormenting in its tracks and give it to Jesus.  Now, I may have to give it to Jesus more than once. 

Running on Empty --- Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop Day

It’s the middle of summer and I feel like I am running on empty.  Ever feel that way?  The pace of summer is supposed to relax me but these past couple of days…I feel tired and done.  Right now- I don’t believe my life is telling the story of God’s grace.  Oh, I know His grace is all around me…He gives me grace D A I L Y.  But…am I giving grace to others?  No…not really because I am empty…drained…exhausted.  In fact, I told my kids that it would be an early bedtime last night because Mommy was done...that Mommy was on empty…that I had nothing more to give and we needed to just go to bed. <Insert Mommy guilt> I need to be filled up.  I want to be filled but I keep going through the motions of my day to day activities.  Depending on my own strength is draining me and causing me to say, “I have nothing more to give!”  When really…I do.  The other day, my daughter had a trail ride and as I stood in a big open field and looked out at God’s creati

Changed and Transformed ------ Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

It’s the day after Easter.   The kids are beginning to stir and wake.   I can hear them coughing and sneezing- allergies.   A new season is being born…beautiful blooms of flowers and trees busting open causes my peeps to be miserable.   The day after Easter - the Resurrection - a new hope…a new life…a new being born…all because of God’s Son.   All because of Jesus .    Anxiety and fear are my natural default.   As a kid I had so much anxiety in me before school days.   When I was in elementary school I was so afraid of a math tutor that I would have to go see…that one day I just hid in the stairwell thinking that I would stay there until it was time to go back to class.   I even heard my name being called over the speaker but never left the stairwell.    Jesus knows my name.      I’ve grown up but other things try to steal my peace. I was broken and starving for real food. Starving for The Bread of Life . I began to open up God’s Word and really