Skip to main content

Day 4 of 31 Days of Chasing THE Light

Dancing Light



“For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.  A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up. A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance.”
Ecc. 3:1-4 (NLT)





If you grew up in the 80’s, you most likely watched a movie called Footloose, and heard this verse read by Ren McCormick.  It’s probably the first time I had ever heard of it and I thought it was cool. So cool, that I remember looking it up in my bible just to see if it was really there!




I've been thinking lately that when we surrender to God and follow His lead in obedience – it is sort of like a dance.

I love to dance!  I dance in my kitchen with my kids and I've been known to dance in the stores to embarrass my kids!  But, there are times when I don’t want to dance.  Times, when I no longer want to follow His lead in obedience. Have you ever felt like that? It's like I'm saying, "No, God, not today, I'm too tired to dance with you." I allow the statement to flow from my lips because my flesh is too tired or sore from being stretched past my comfortable limits. It's no longer comfy.

But through this stretching process – it’s allowing Him to shape me into the image of His Son.  And isn’t that the point?



Dancing with Him stretches us and can sometimes make us feel like we are going against the world and our friends…but the dancing is ultimately for our good.  

“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:6 (ESV)







Today, let's allow Him to take the lead and guide us. Let's hold on to Him when the day starts to spin. And when we get tired – let's lean in and allow His loving arms and piercing Light to carry us through. He's got us...trust Him...lean in.


 


Dancing with God (Author Unkown)


When I meditated on the word Guidance, I kept seeing “dance” at the end of the word. I remember reading that doing God’s will is a lot like dancing.  

  When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn’t flow with the music, and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky. When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing lightly in one direction or another. It’s as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word Guidance. When I saw “G: I thought of God, followed by “u” and “i”. “God, “u” and “i” dance.” God, you, and I dance. As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life. Once again, I became willing to let God lead.   






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worry? Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

  This week's blog topic from Proverbs 31 OBS is on “Worry”… AND I know a thing or two about worry.  I’m betting a lot of you reading this do as well.  Dictionary.com defines worry as: “ to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts; fret. ” Torment oneself.  Suffer.  Fret.  That’s what I can do to myself sometimes.   I’ve heard that if you worry you don’t really trust that God can handle it.  You don’t trust God with it.  That’s hard to swallow for me.  Because I worry about my kids, my family, me, friends, etc.  But I’m in the Bible every single day.  I am a Jesus girl.  So for me to worry and then see that my worry means I don’t trust that God can handle it is hard.  UGH.   I am getting better about it though.  My time with God every morning is helping.  When I start to worry about something…I begin to pray.  I stop the tormenting in its tracks and give it to Jesus.  Now, I may have to give it to Jesus more than once. 

A Raging Battle.... Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

On Sunday of this week, we started a new online Bible study with Proverbs 31!  I am so excited because I love anything Proverbs 31!  Our study this time around is by one of my favorite authors, Lysa TerKeurst….and her book, Made to Crave !  I have read this book already and it is amazing.  If you want to jump in on the study…please do!  Go here to sign up:  http://proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/ This week for my blog topic I picked “A Raging Battle”   because food is not something I crave more than God…I crave other things.  God has shown me some things that I crave more than Him and it’s not pretty.  “My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord ; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.”  Psalm 84:2 For three years now I have been doing a 365 photo a day blog and last year I started writing every Thursday about my faith and whatever was on my heart.  I felt like this was something I was supposed to do.  When I

Running on Empty --- Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop Day

It’s the middle of summer and I feel like I am running on empty.  Ever feel that way?  The pace of summer is supposed to relax me but these past couple of days…I feel tired and done.  Right now- I don’t believe my life is telling the story of God’s grace.  Oh, I know His grace is all around me…He gives me grace D A I L Y.  But…am I giving grace to others?  No…not really because I am empty…drained…exhausted.  In fact, I told my kids that it would be an early bedtime last night because Mommy was done...that Mommy was on empty…that I had nothing more to give and we needed to just go to bed. <Insert Mommy guilt> I need to be filled up.  I want to be filled but I keep going through the motions of my day to day activities.  Depending on my own strength is draining me and causing me to say, “I have nothing more to give!”  When really…I do.  The other day, my daughter had a trail ride and as I stood in a big open field and looked out at God’s creati