Skip to main content

Day 25 of 31 Days of Chasing THE Light

Releasing Light



“Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise – the fruit of lips that openly profess His name.”  ~Hebrews 13:15 (NIV)


I wake up in the morning and roll out of bed knowing that today is the day we find out. My fists are clenched and I try to just breathe and not worry. To trust that it will all be ok no matter what.

I don’t “do” waiting well and then when the day finally comes – I don’t “do” trusting that it will all be okay, no matter what – well either.

I walk to the kitchen in a daze, grab my coffee cup and a K-cup and push brew. I tell myself to just breathe and let go and Let God.  That He has this…He has her. I have to wait all day to find out if we are celebrating the news or planning our attack.


Unfortunately, when I am consumed with fear and worry – I lash out at my people. I don’t mean to. I don’t want to. I’m told that it’s in my genes to worry. (What comes with lack of height makes up for in LOADS of worry genes.) So, I try really hard to pause before speaking.
 
Clenching and clinging to worry can choke the life right out of me. Loosening my grip and opening my hands to what is – will bring hope, joy and RELEASE!


I think about fireflies in the summer nights…and how as kids we would catch these little things and put them in jars. Trap them and poke little tiny holes in their new homes. Hoping that they would light for us in the jar…but often times they wouldn’t.  They would just crawl around in the jar looking for a way out. Maybe they didn’t light because they were afraid? As soon as we’d open the jar and release them they’d light up all over the yard again. Like they were saying, “Thank you, it’s good to be free!”

This is kind of how it feels to let go of fear and worry. But to let go of these emotions is so hard for me to do sometimes.  You see, I am a get it done kinda girl. I feel like if I just do it – I can get it done better. If I know where all the holes are in my road – I can avoid them myself. If I just clean up the toys – it will be done the way I want. If I clean up the dishes – it will be done the way I think it should be. I have a hard time letting go and letting God. BUT – when I finally RELEASE this feeling – it’s like being set free out of a tight space. Fear can choke the life right out of me. 
 
Fear screams but God whispers.

So to release – I take a deep breath, unclench my fists, slowly open my hands, look to Jesus and say, “I give it all to you. Whatever the end result…I trust you with it. It may not be the answer I want but I believe You will work everything to Your good and we will find joy, hope and peace in You.”


Around 4:00pm – I get the news and it’s what we prayed for. It’s the lid of the jar opening and all the clenching and clinging being released into the air while His light shines for us to see. His light was always shining in the midst of this storm – I was just too blind with fear to see it. I only focused on being trapped in the jar with my fear that I never even looked for the light in the storm. I never even saw His light shining through those little air holes in the lid. 

Look for the light today. In the hard times and in the easy times…never stop looking. His Light is always there shining for you. And when you see His light – maybe – just maybe – you can be the light releasing for someone else.
 



 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worry? Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

  This week's blog topic from Proverbs 31 OBS is on “Worry”… AND I know a thing or two about worry.  I’m betting a lot of you reading this do as well.  Dictionary.com defines worry as: “ to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts; fret. ” Torment oneself.  Suffer.  Fret.  That’s what I can do to myself sometimes.   I’ve heard that if you worry you don’t really trust that God can handle it.  You don’t trust God with it.  That’s hard to swallow for me.  Because I worry about my kids, my family, me, friends, etc.  But I’m in the Bible every single day.  I am a Jesus girl.  So for me to worry and then see that my worry means I don’t trust that God can handle it is hard.  UGH.   I am getting better about it though.  My time with God every morning is helping.  When I start to worry about something…I begin to pray.  I stop the tormenting in its tracks and give it to Jesus.  Now, I may have to give it to Jesus more than once. 

Running on Empty --- Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop Day

It’s the middle of summer and I feel like I am running on empty.  Ever feel that way?  The pace of summer is supposed to relax me but these past couple of days…I feel tired and done.  Right now- I don’t believe my life is telling the story of God’s grace.  Oh, I know His grace is all around me…He gives me grace D A I L Y.  But…am I giving grace to others?  No…not really because I am empty…drained…exhausted.  In fact, I told my kids that it would be an early bedtime last night because Mommy was done...that Mommy was on empty…that I had nothing more to give and we needed to just go to bed. <Insert Mommy guilt> I need to be filled up.  I want to be filled but I keep going through the motions of my day to day activities.  Depending on my own strength is draining me and causing me to say, “I have nothing more to give!”  When really…I do.  The other day, my daughter had a trail ride and as I stood in a big open field and looked out at God’s creati

Changed and Transformed ------ Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

It’s the day after Easter.   The kids are beginning to stir and wake.   I can hear them coughing and sneezing- allergies.   A new season is being born…beautiful blooms of flowers and trees busting open causes my peeps to be miserable.   The day after Easter - the Resurrection - a new hope…a new life…a new being born…all because of God’s Son.   All because of Jesus .    Anxiety and fear are my natural default.   As a kid I had so much anxiety in me before school days.   When I was in elementary school I was so afraid of a math tutor that I would have to go see…that one day I just hid in the stairwell thinking that I would stay there until it was time to go back to class.   I even heard my name being called over the speaker but never left the stairwell.    Jesus knows my name.      I’ve grown up but other things try to steal my peace. I was broken and starving for real food. Starving for The Bread of Life . I began to open up God’s Word and really