Skip to main content

Day 18 of 31 Days of Chasing THE Light

Limitless Light




“Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. It is, in fact, the one thing that still stands when all else has fallen.
1 Corinthians 13:7-10

 

Limits….I never liked limits on me as a child.  But now that I am a parent – I think about how good they are. I think about when my children were babies and all that I did to protect their little space around them. Then they would begin to crawl and more limits were placed.  Once they began walking – I placed even more limits. Now as they are getting older, the limits change but there is still limits that have to be set. 

I need to set limits on myself as well because sometimes I do things that aren’t good for me. Sometimes I spend too much time on social media and feel less than, sometimes I eat too much or talk too much and feel guilt.  Sometimes, I believe the lies that I say to myself, “You aren’t good enough.” 

But thank God we live in a world where we can receive an abundance of endless limitations through Him.

With God there is always more than enough strength, more than enough grace and more than enough love - that we can never run out. 



If God is without limits – how can I live a limitless life and shine His light?

First, I can drop the negative labels that I have on me. They are not what define me but sometimes I think they do. No, only He defines me. I have to seek Him daily, live within His will for me and TRUST that He will use everything for His glory. I have to align my decisions – my choices – my actions – inside His boundaries. If I do this then I will stay on the right path.
 

“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.” ~Eph. 2:10
 

Gratitude is another way to live a limitless life. Being thankful invites us into God’s generosity and softens my heart. By giving thanks we are made whole again.


So today, let’s try to stay within our God-limits by aligning our thoughts with His, our actions with His, and our hearts with His heart. Rely on His limitless strength when it gets hard today. And then stop to thank Him for it all.  By doing so…our light will shine on.
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worry? Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

  This week's blog topic from Proverbs 31 OBS is on “Worry”… AND I know a thing or two about worry.  I’m betting a lot of you reading this do as well.  Dictionary.com defines worry as: “ to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts; fret. ” Torment oneself.  Suffer.  Fret.  That’s what I can do to myself sometimes.   I’ve heard that if you worry you don’t really trust that God can handle it.  You don’t trust God with it.  That’s hard to swallow for me.  Because I worry about my kids, my family, me, friends, etc.  But I’m in the Bible every single day.  I am a Jesus girl.  So for me to worry and then see that my worry means I don’t trust that God can handle it is hard.  UGH.   I am getting better about it though.  My time with God every morning is helping.  When I start to worry about something…I begin to pray.  I stop the tormenting in its tracks and give it to Jesus.  Now, I may have to give it to Jesus more than once. 

Running on Empty --- Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop Day

It’s the middle of summer and I feel like I am running on empty.  Ever feel that way?  The pace of summer is supposed to relax me but these past couple of days…I feel tired and done.  Right now- I don’t believe my life is telling the story of God’s grace.  Oh, I know His grace is all around me…He gives me grace D A I L Y.  But…am I giving grace to others?  No…not really because I am empty…drained…exhausted.  In fact, I told my kids that it would be an early bedtime last night because Mommy was done...that Mommy was on empty…that I had nothing more to give and we needed to just go to bed. <Insert Mommy guilt> I need to be filled up.  I want to be filled but I keep going through the motions of my day to day activities.  Depending on my own strength is draining me and causing me to say, “I have nothing more to give!”  When really…I do.  The other day, my daughter had a trail ride and as I stood in a big open field and looked out at God’s creati

Palms Up! { Day 220 }

This week, I started a new Bible study with Proverbs 31 on a book called “What Happens When Women Say Yes to God” by Lysa TerKeurst….and I’m excited for this study.  Really Excited!!   I haven’t always said Yes to God…in fact I have ignored Him and said no to Him a lot in my life.  Makes me sad to think of how many times I have been blind to all He has for me or to all the times He has tried to lead me in a different direction.  Fear and lack of confidence have always held me back from saying YES to Him.  Sometimes I think that I know which path is better for me to take and sometimes I feel like I could do it better.  Ouch!  Or sometimes I just feel like its too scary and I don’t like change too much.  Lysa TerKeurst talks in her book, “What Happens When Women Say Yes to God” about “Surprise Parties” and how it must break God’s heart when He has planned something for us and we are too tired to notice, too blind to see or we just don’t even care.  How many parties hav