Skip to main content

Rescued by a Savior --- Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop




“The Lord your God is in your midst,
A victorious warrior.
He will exult over you with joy,
He will be quiet in His love,
He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.”
~ Zephaniah 3:17, NASB



This week is the last week of school and then we are officially on SUMMER VACATION!  I look forward to this because it’s time for a little rest and relaxation and FUN!  No schedules (well, less of a schedule), outdoor movie nights, playing outside past bedtime, fire pits, playing in the pool, going on listening walks, and last minute decisions to just go somewhere are fun!  Plus, I want to make great memories for my kids.

I love the fancy free feeling of the summer.   



I lived my life fancy free for a long time.  No rules or just breaking the rules was fun…at the time of doing it…but regret always came shortly after.  Paul says in Romans 7:15, “For I do not understand my own actions.  For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.” My life may have looked fun when I was younger but it was a hot mess – until I let God begin to rewrite the story of my life
  

“We are called human beings and not human doings for a reason.  Beings find purpose from the One who created them.  Human doings find their purpose from what they do.  And this will never satisfy us.  Purpose is not something we earn by being hired servants.  Purpose and identity are gifts we receive when we are born from above.”
Derwin Gray, Limitless Life



It’s only after becoming a parent that I started to understand how God can still love us even after we mess up for the 1,000th time.  Even with my wrong actions, my disobedience, trying to do life on my own and going way ahead of Him.  He is still there with His arms wide open.  Because isn’t that what parents do…no matter what…we love our children. 



Remember the story of the rebellious son- Jacob- demanding his inheritance from his father and sets off to satisfy all his desires and spend all his money.  And after losing it all he returns home afraid of rejection.  


 “But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him” (Luke 15:20).
  

His father RUNS to him with OPEN arms.  

This is what God does – His unconditional love for us is so GREAT!



Realizing that my purpose cannot be met outside of Jesus was my first step back towards Him.  Every day we have a decision to make…will we take the next step and follow Him? 

He rewrites my story by me being obedient to Him.  I’m so thankful that He only asks that I take the next step…He doesn’t ask me to do too much all at once because He knows it would probably freak me out and scare me away.   





“It’s hard to step out of the boat when you’re anchored to your fears.” Susie Larson



When I try to do things in MY strength, MY will, and ignore God…it usually makes me feel beaten inside and tired.  But when I turn back to Him…He embraces me just like Jacob’s father embraced him.  With GRACE and LOVE.  Because that is what parents do.  


For such a time as this – be obedient to Him.  Minister to my children…continue with my blog inspiring others to look to Jesus...forgive…and love.  Right now that is what I am supposed to be doing.  Obedience leads to intimacy and my job is to trust Him.  Trust that He loves me more than He hates my sin. 
 

“When God has a woman to work with who is willing to surrender to Him, He will move mountains and disrupt kingdoms when necessary to act on her behalf.”
Tony Evans


I’m rescued by a Savior that is rewriting my story.  My job is to be obedient to Him and allow Him to put all of my pieces – past, present and future together and make me more like Jesus. 
  




Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me.  If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.  And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul? Matt. 16:24-26


So…summer is here and being free is a good feeling BUT letting go and letting God is a much better feeling to me. 
 





Comments

  1. Yes!! I just feel the peace in your words and your pictures. I've noticed for me that during break time I can allow myself to not be as diligent and focused as when I have to be-but I can't take that approach with God-you lovingly reminded me that the best place for me to be is safe in His arms and in His presence-and if that requires me to discipline myself from other things that don't give life, so be it!! Oh, and I am a big fan of red cardinals :) Be blessed <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love that Valerie..."if that requires me to discipline myself from other things that don't give life, so be it!!" Yes...things that don't give life---lets cut the cord to that. :) You and me both!!! Thank you for stopping by. =) <3

      Delete
  2. Beautiful as always!! You always speak to my soul!! Got to let go and let God!
    ----Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim!! Yes me too...let go and let God!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful blog Michelle. LOL - they always are. I loved that Susan Larson quote - feeling a little of that fear this week. And as I read the part about God loving us even when we mess up the 1000th time, I thought about how as my daughter was hurting this week and how I hurt and remembered He hurts with us all the time and He loved us so much He died for us. Love the pictures - always peaceful reading your blog. Hugs. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie!!! Praying for you and your daughter!! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Worry? Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

  This week's blog topic from Proverbs 31 OBS is on “Worry”… AND I know a thing or two about worry.  I’m betting a lot of you reading this do as well.  Dictionary.com defines worry as: “ to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts; fret. ” Torment oneself.  Suffer.  Fret.  That’s what I can do to myself sometimes.   I’ve heard that if you worry you don’t really trust that God can handle it.  You don’t trust God with it.  That’s hard to swallow for me.  Because I worry about my kids, my family, me, friends, etc.  But I’m in the Bible every single day.  I am a Jesus girl.  So for me to worry and then see that my worry means I don’t trust that God can handle it is hard.  UGH.   I am getting better about it though.  My time with God every morning is helping.  When I start to worry about something…I begin to pray.  I stop the tormenting in its tracks and give it to Jesus.  Now, I may have to give it to Jesus more than once. 

A Raging Battle.... Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

On Sunday of this week, we started a new online Bible study with Proverbs 31!  I am so excited because I love anything Proverbs 31!  Our study this time around is by one of my favorite authors, Lysa TerKeurst….and her book, Made to Crave !  I have read this book already and it is amazing.  If you want to jump in on the study…please do!  Go here to sign up:  http://proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/ This week for my blog topic I picked “A Raging Battle”   because food is not something I crave more than God…I crave other things.  God has shown me some things that I crave more than Him and it’s not pretty.  “My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord ; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.”  Psalm 84:2 For three years now I have been doing a 365 photo a day blog and last year I started writing every Thursday about my faith and whatever was on my heart.  I felt like this was something I was supposed to do.  When I

Running on Empty --- Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop Day

It’s the middle of summer and I feel like I am running on empty.  Ever feel that way?  The pace of summer is supposed to relax me but these past couple of days…I feel tired and done.  Right now- I don’t believe my life is telling the story of God’s grace.  Oh, I know His grace is all around me…He gives me grace D A I L Y.  But…am I giving grace to others?  No…not really because I am empty…drained…exhausted.  In fact, I told my kids that it would be an early bedtime last night because Mommy was done...that Mommy was on empty…that I had nothing more to give and we needed to just go to bed. <Insert Mommy guilt> I need to be filled up.  I want to be filled but I keep going through the motions of my day to day activities.  Depending on my own strength is draining me and causing me to say, “I have nothing more to give!”  When really…I do.  The other day, my daughter had a trail ride and as I stood in a big open field and looked out at God’s creati