Skip to main content

Here's the Truth.... Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop { Day 44 }


Here's the Truth

When Jesus and His truths are at the center of my life then everything around me will be grounded with Him.  





I’m an early riser.  I like to wake up while the rest of the world still sleeps.  I tiptoe (sometimes while holding my breath) down the stairs because if the stairs creek any…little ears will hear and whisper, “Mommy?”  Honestly, I think they can smell me as I pass their door.  But, I do this because I need this time alone.  Just me, Jesus and my coffee.  That’s priority for me.
  



When I choose to make other things my priority…my center…then I am worshiping whatever I put there.  Whether that is food, exercise, work, school or social media…it becomes something I worship.  And it will never satisfy me.  It may temporarily but it will never truly satisfy me the way His truths will.



God created us in His image…it says so in Gen. 1:27.  His law is written on our hearts and we have free will to choose to love Him. 

The truth is…if God is at my center then everything I do will include Him. But that is not always easy.  




Sometimes it is easier for me to believe the lies I say to myself first…those I’m not good enough for this or I’d never be able to do that…or whatever it is.  I can believe those first because I know how to beat myself up.  I know how to hold on to something and bring it out when I need it as a weapon.  The tongue is a powerful weapon and it can build you up or bring you down.  I know how important it is to speak life to my children but I need to speak life to myself as well.



I will start to believe my statements and not the ones that are whispered to me day in and day out. The ones that are right in front of my face but I’m too blind with myself to see.





The freedom that God is offering is right in front of me…right there for the taking!  I just have to remove the scales from my eyes to see…see His truths…grab hold of His hand and let Him speak to me….let His words sink deep into my soul. 

Speak life to myself and listen to the Author of Life that speaks His truth over me.

“You have circled this mountain long enough.  Now turn north.” ~Deut 2:3




In our verse this week it says, But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.2 Cor. 12:9  



 
So that’s what I am doing…speaking His truth over me.  When a negative thought comes in…I speak His truth.  I speak it until I believe it.  Day by day those things I used to say to myself get smaller and smaller and He gets bigger and bigger.  He becomes my center. There is freedom in that.  



When Jesus is at my center…I’m looking for Him in my life all day long.  When Jesus is at my center…I’m feeling joy, peace and love and in turn that is what I am giving to others.  Truth…freedom.





“Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you?” 2 Cor. 13:5

His truth at my center equals balance in my life.  By believing in His truth then all I will see is Him everywhere.  Even in the mirror.  



 

Comments

  1. Girl ... I have a song for you! "Jesus, be the centre ... Be my source, be my light, Jesus". I thought of this song as I was reading your post, here is a youtube link: http://youtu.be/EG-l1kK-BpU

    Like you, when I make other things my focus ... for even a minute ... I lose my way real fast! He is my priority!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you Vivian for the link!! =) Listening to it now!!!

      Delete
  2. It is so important that we keep Jesus in the center of it all, Michelle. I am working so hard at speaking the truth over my situations. I just said earlier this week sometimes I get in a situation & my mind goes blank. I think I need to make a flip book I can just flip through when I need some go to truth! Thanks for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the reminder that Jesus has to be at the centre of it all. We all need to speak truth over our lives. It reminds me of that verse 'you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free'. Blessings, Fiona (group 50)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MICHELLE!!! Another great post. SO many of the truths/verses/sayings you posted about have really spoken to me this week (http://cravingsconfidential.blogspot.com). Trying to hold on to those truths and keep pressing forward. Here's to another great week. God bless ~ Miriam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you friend trying to hold on to the truths!!! Blessings!!!

      Delete
  5. I love your blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Worry? Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

  This week's blog topic from Proverbs 31 OBS is on “Worry”… AND I know a thing or two about worry.  I’m betting a lot of you reading this do as well.  Dictionary.com defines worry as: “ to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts; fret. ” Torment oneself.  Suffer.  Fret.  That’s what I can do to myself sometimes.   I’ve heard that if you worry you don’t really trust that God can handle it.  You don’t trust God with it.  That’s hard to swallow for me.  Because I worry about my kids, my family, me, friends, etc.  But I’m in the Bible every single day.  I am a Jesus girl.  So for me to worry and then see that my worry means I don’t trust that God can handle it is hard.  UGH.   I am getting better about it though.  My time with God every morning is helping.  When I start to worry about something…I begin to pray.  I stop the tormenting in its tracks and give it to Jesus.  Now, I may have to give it to Jesus more than once. 

A Raging Battle.... Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

On Sunday of this week, we started a new online Bible study with Proverbs 31!  I am so excited because I love anything Proverbs 31!  Our study this time around is by one of my favorite authors, Lysa TerKeurst….and her book, Made to Crave !  I have read this book already and it is amazing.  If you want to jump in on the study…please do!  Go here to sign up:  http://proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/ This week for my blog topic I picked “A Raging Battle”   because food is not something I crave more than God…I crave other things.  God has shown me some things that I crave more than Him and it’s not pretty.  “My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord ; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.”  Psalm 84:2 For three years now I have been doing a 365 photo a day blog and last year I started writing every Thursday about my faith and whatever was on my heart.  I felt like this was something I was supposed to do.  When I

Running on Empty --- Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop Day

It’s the middle of summer and I feel like I am running on empty.  Ever feel that way?  The pace of summer is supposed to relax me but these past couple of days…I feel tired and done.  Right now- I don’t believe my life is telling the story of God’s grace.  Oh, I know His grace is all around me…He gives me grace D A I L Y.  But…am I giving grace to others?  No…not really because I am empty…drained…exhausted.  In fact, I told my kids that it would be an early bedtime last night because Mommy was done...that Mommy was on empty…that I had nothing more to give and we needed to just go to bed. <Insert Mommy guilt> I need to be filled up.  I want to be filled but I keep going through the motions of my day to day activities.  Depending on my own strength is draining me and causing me to say, “I have nothing more to give!”  When really…I do.  The other day, my daughter had a trail ride and as I stood in a big open field and looked out at God’s creati