Skip to main content

Is God Enough? Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop Day






As I am writing this there are two weeks until Christmas.   The house is quiet, it’s early in the morning…everyone is sleeping and the dog is snoring.  The house is all aglow in Christmas twinkle…my favorite time of the year. Coffee in my cup and the slow of everything makes me smile.  Soon the lights will be on and the house will be filled with laughter and screaming kids—right now is my favorite time of the day.  Calm and trying to prepare Him room in my heart.





Typically, I am going crazy right about now with trying to get everything ready.  Buying presents, preparing menus, getting the house ready for company, wrapping presents, Christmas parties, school activities, and trying to pour Jesus into my kids and myself for what the season really means.  That is what I am usually like in the month of December…but not this year.  I’m determined NOT to go crazy!




Is God enough?




I think the enemy wants us to be distracted and in a crazy emotional state during the Christmas season.  If we are…then we are on his team.  If we are short tempered and too busy with trying to bring Christmas to our families and missing Jesus…then we are on the enemy’s team.




Is God enough?  


Can I really experience all that this season is supposed to be about without all the stress?  Is it possible to “Be still and know” – is it possible to lay down my stresses and “approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that [I] may receive mercy and find grace to help [me] in [my] time of need” ~Heb. 4:16
 

Is God enough?  





For me…in this time of my life…God is enough.  Oh, He didn’t use to be.  But slowly, coming to Him daily, I have seen just how much He has done for me and how He is with me always…that through all of my junk…it has brought me to Him.  That He comes down to me and waits with me and for me.  To give thanks to Him for it all…the mistakes, the blindness of seeing Him, the selfishness – all of it.  Is God enough? He is.

The word trust has been in my head and all around me for months now.  “Trust Me Michelle”…is what I feel a lot.  Trusting is hard when you feel like you can handle it on your own…or even do a better job at trying to fix it.  If you don’t know God…trusting is really hard.  But God says, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.” ~Prov. 3:5-6




So in the hustle and bustle of this season…when tempers can flare while we try to “create the perfect Christmas”- now is the time to lean into Him.  Let Him be your enough.  See Him in the moment.  Be His image to others.  Pour your love into your family and create the perfect Christmas with Jesus- the perfect gift.


God is enough and He has given us the best gift ever.  Untie the bow, open the present, receive the best Gift ever and give thanks this Christmas. He is enough.






“No personal choice that muddied your life can ever trump the divine choice to wash your life clean."  ~Ann Voskamp






Comments

  1. Michelle, Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures and words of peace with us. I love your challenge to " God is enough and He has given us the best gift ever. Untie the bow, open the present, receive the best Gift ever and give thanks this Christmas. He is enough." I join you in declaring God is Enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  2. Love this post Michelle! Brings peace to my heart and challenges me to keep it for the rest of what can be a crazy season. These statements stuck with me: "...right now is my favorite time of the day. Calm and trying to prepare Him room in my heart." Amen to that, me too! And then: "I think the enemy wants us to be distracted and in a crazy emotional state during the Christmas season. If we are…then we are on his team." Ouch, but so true! I do not want to be on his team! Lastly: "in the hustle and bustle of this season…when tempers can flare while we try to “create the perfect Christmas”- now is the time to lean into Him. Let Him be your enough. See Him in the moment. Be His image to others. Pour your love into your family and create the perfect Christmas with Jesus- the perfect gift." Yes, yes, yes!! The challenge I am writing down - the goal - the gift. Thank you for unwrapping this challenge and gift for us all and may God bless you this Christmas!
    Katrina Wylie (OBS small group leader)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katrina! Right there with you on this challenge. :) Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Your words, "I think the enemy wants us to be distracted and in a crazy emotional state during the Christmas season. If we are…then we are on his team. If we are short tempered and too busy with trying to bring Christmas to our families and missing Jesus…then we are on the enemy’s team," spoke to me. If I choose to be crazy during this season I am choosing the wrong team. Thank you for your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jennifer. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Worry? Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

  This week's blog topic from Proverbs 31 OBS is on “Worry”… AND I know a thing or two about worry.  I’m betting a lot of you reading this do as well.  Dictionary.com defines worry as: “ to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts; fret. ” Torment oneself.  Suffer.  Fret.  That’s what I can do to myself sometimes.   I’ve heard that if you worry you don’t really trust that God can handle it.  You don’t trust God with it.  That’s hard to swallow for me.  Because I worry about my kids, my family, me, friends, etc.  But I’m in the Bible every single day.  I am a Jesus girl.  So for me to worry and then see that my worry means I don’t trust that God can handle it is hard.  UGH.   I am getting better about it though.  My time with God every morning is helping.  When I start to worry about something…I begin to pray.  I stop the tormenting in its tracks and give it to Jesus.  Now, I may have to give it to Jesus more than once. 

Running on Empty --- Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop Day

It’s the middle of summer and I feel like I am running on empty.  Ever feel that way?  The pace of summer is supposed to relax me but these past couple of days…I feel tired and done.  Right now- I don’t believe my life is telling the story of God’s grace.  Oh, I know His grace is all around me…He gives me grace D A I L Y.  But…am I giving grace to others?  No…not really because I am empty…drained…exhausted.  In fact, I told my kids that it would be an early bedtime last night because Mommy was done...that Mommy was on empty…that I had nothing more to give and we needed to just go to bed. <Insert Mommy guilt> I need to be filled up.  I want to be filled but I keep going through the motions of my day to day activities.  Depending on my own strength is draining me and causing me to say, “I have nothing more to give!”  When really…I do.  The other day, my daughter had a trail ride and as I stood in a big open field and looked out at God’s creati

Palms Up! { Day 220 }

This week, I started a new Bible study with Proverbs 31 on a book called “What Happens When Women Say Yes to God” by Lysa TerKeurst….and I’m excited for this study.  Really Excited!!   I haven’t always said Yes to God…in fact I have ignored Him and said no to Him a lot in my life.  Makes me sad to think of how many times I have been blind to all He has for me or to all the times He has tried to lead me in a different direction.  Fear and lack of confidence have always held me back from saying YES to Him.  Sometimes I think that I know which path is better for me to take and sometimes I feel like I could do it better.  Ouch!  Or sometimes I just feel like its too scary and I don’t like change too much.  Lysa TerKeurst talks in her book, “What Happens When Women Say Yes to God” about “Surprise Parties” and how it must break God’s heart when He has planned something for us and we are too tired to notice, too blind to see or we just don’t even care.  How many parties hav