Skip to main content

Say What? { Day 227 }




Have you ever had the feeling like you need to do something?  Something way out of your comfort zone?  Something that you didn’t want to do even though that feeling kept coming back?

I started getting this feeling last winter about writing.  I journal… but for ME.   I started to get this feeling that I needed to start to “blog” on my 365 picture a day blog.  This is my second year doing a picture a day blog but my feeling was that I needed to write about my faith and about Jesus.  Say what?  You, God, are asking me to do what?  At least, I think You are asking me to do this.  It is coming to me through people, through messages at church, through my devotional time, etc.  It was all being confirmed to me through these other signs.  But, I like the picture a day.  I’m way more comfortable behind the camera…not out in the open expressing my faith.  Really?
 

Jesus whispers His guidance.  Jesus is interested in me?  He wants me to drop what I’m doing and follow Him.  

BUT…I can’t write because I’m not a writer.  I can’t do this.  I can’t share things like this!

                I can’t    --->    God Can!

                I’m not   --->   God Is!

Then I get this….  “IT’S NOT ABOUT YOU!  Drop what you are doing and follow me.  I equip the called.”






It takes courage.  In Acts 1:8 it says, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.

Jesus asks us to look at everything through His lens not ours.



So I let go and I let God.  Because God will never have a chance to show up in our lives if we try to control it.  

I began to write my first “written” blog.  I surrendered.  I wrote and wrote.  As the week went on things were coming to me like never before.  After putting my first one out there….I started getting private messages of “ thank you for doing this” and “me too” and “I love it because it encourages me” and “I want a deeper faith with God”,etc.  But let me be clear…this is not about me.  It isn’t about me at all.  This is about Jesus!  This is about listening to God and becoming like Jesus.  Every week, I have a hard time hitting publish.  Every week, I say…”I don’t know.”  But you know what…Jesus had courage. If I am going to imitate Jesus…then I need to have courage!  And every time I proclaim His name to everyone—He will proclaim my name to the Father in Heaven.  That’s a good thing.  




What are YOU going to do?  What is God asking you to do?  Lysa TerKeurst has 5 questions you can ask yourself if you think your hearing from God…from chapter 2 in her book called, “What Happens When Women Say Yes to God”



“If what you are doing pleases God, then even if what you thought you heard from Him wasn’t His voice, you still please Him.” ~Lysa TerKeurst

Jesus is the cornerstone.  In Acts 4:11-12 it says, “For Jesus is the one referred to in the Scriptures, where it says, The stone that you builders rejected has now become the cornerstone. There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.”  

I need to be foundational!  



So my “Say What” question to God became, “I Surrender!  I’m Yours!  I’ll be a Witness!”  Because Jesus is the cornerstone and His name changes my name by saying YES to Him.  



“We need not fear what our obedience will cause to happen in our life.  We should only fear what our disobedience will cause us to miss.”  ~Lysa TerKeurst


 

Comments

  1. Not only are you a writer but you are also an artist! Each picture showed a depth of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post! I like where you said
    "I can't ---> God can!"
    "I'm not ---> God is!"
    The pictures are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I found myself nodding as I read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blog! I'm excited to see more posts! My 2 favorite thing, pictures and Jesus! =) Following via blog hop. Hope you can come follow me as well. coloradoblessedmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! Love your 2 favorite things! =) On my way over to your blog! =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Worry? Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

  This week's blog topic from Proverbs 31 OBS is on “Worry”… AND I know a thing or two about worry.  I’m betting a lot of you reading this do as well.  Dictionary.com defines worry as: “ to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts; fret. ” Torment oneself.  Suffer.  Fret.  That’s what I can do to myself sometimes.   I’ve heard that if you worry you don’t really trust that God can handle it.  You don’t trust God with it.  That’s hard to swallow for me.  Because I worry about my kids, my family, me, friends, etc.  But I’m in the Bible every single day.  I am a Jesus girl.  So for me to worry and then see that my worry means I don’t trust that God can handle it is hard.  UGH.   I am getting better about it though.  My time with God every morning is helping.  When I start to worry about something…I begin to pray.  I stop the tormenting in its tracks and give it to Jesus.  Now, I may have to give it to Jesus more than once. 

A Raging Battle.... Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

On Sunday of this week, we started a new online Bible study with Proverbs 31!  I am so excited because I love anything Proverbs 31!  Our study this time around is by one of my favorite authors, Lysa TerKeurst….and her book, Made to Crave !  I have read this book already and it is amazing.  If you want to jump in on the study…please do!  Go here to sign up:  http://proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/ This week for my blog topic I picked “A Raging Battle”   because food is not something I crave more than God…I crave other things.  God has shown me some things that I crave more than Him and it’s not pretty.  “My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord ; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.”  Psalm 84:2 For three years now I have been doing a 365 photo a day blog and last year I started writing every Thursday about my faith and whatever was on my heart.  I felt like this was something I was supposed to do.  When I

Running on Empty --- Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop Day

It’s the middle of summer and I feel like I am running on empty.  Ever feel that way?  The pace of summer is supposed to relax me but these past couple of days…I feel tired and done.  Right now- I don’t believe my life is telling the story of God’s grace.  Oh, I know His grace is all around me…He gives me grace D A I L Y.  But…am I giving grace to others?  No…not really because I am empty…drained…exhausted.  In fact, I told my kids that it would be an early bedtime last night because Mommy was done...that Mommy was on empty…that I had nothing more to give and we needed to just go to bed. <Insert Mommy guilt> I need to be filled up.  I want to be filled but I keep going through the motions of my day to day activities.  Depending on my own strength is draining me and causing me to say, “I have nothing more to give!”  When really…I do.  The other day, my daughter had a trail ride and as I stood in a big open field and looked out at God’s creati