Skip to main content

Day 337


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worry? Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

  This week's blog topic from Proverbs 31 OBS is on “Worry”… AND I know a thing or two about worry.  I’m betting a lot of you reading this do as well.  Dictionary.com defines worry as: “ to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts; fret. ” Torment oneself.  Suffer.  Fret.  That’s what I can do to myself sometimes.   I’ve heard that if you worry you don’t really trust that God can handle it.  You don’t trust God with it.  That’s hard to swallow for me.  Because I worry about my kids, my family, me, friends, etc.  But I’m in the Bible every single day.  I am a Jesus girl.  So for me to worry and then see that my worry means I don’t trust that God can handle it is hard.  UGH.   I am getting better about it though.  My time with God every morning is helping.  When I start to worry about something…I begin to pray.  I stop the tormenting in its tracks and give it to Jesus.  Now, I may have to give it to Jesus more than once. 

5.30.23

  "With their words, the godless destroy their friends, but knowledge will rescue the righteous." ~Proverbs 11:9

Changed and Transformed ------ Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

It’s the day after Easter.   The kids are beginning to stir and wake.   I can hear them coughing and sneezing- allergies.   A new season is being born…beautiful blooms of flowers and trees busting open causes my peeps to be miserable.   The day after Easter - the Resurrection - a new hope…a new life…a new being born…all because of God’s Son.   All because of Jesus .    Anxiety and fear are my natural default.   As a kid I had so much anxiety in me before school days.   When I was in elementary school I was so afraid of a math tutor that I would have to go see…that one day I just hid in the stairwell thinking that I would stay there until it was time to go back to class.   I even heard my name being called over the speaker but never left the stairwell.    Jesus knows my name.      I’ve grown up but other things try to steal my peace. I was broken and starving for real food. Starving for The Bread of Life . I began to open up God’s Word and really