Skip to main content

The Chase ---- { Day 100 }






“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, [so] that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal live.”  John 3:16





When I was a little girl I hopped around a few schools before I settled in to one elementary school.   During one of those hops…I had to memorize this verse.  Most kids do memorize this verse and every time I recite it now…it brings me back to standing in front of my Mom and reciting it to her every morning before school.  I remember how I would feel when I would repeat it.  I felt calm.  I was an anxious child in the mornings before heading off to school.  I didn’t want to go…I was afraid and scared.  But speaking this verse…I always felt a peace over me.  Of course that peace was a person…Jesus.  I just didn’t know that back then. 






Today, when I read this verse – being a parent…I think how can you give your one and only son or child?  "No matter how often we read the Word of God, we receive something fresh and new each time." ~Wendy Blight, Living So That




But He did…God SO LOVED the world…that He came to move among us.  He loved us…He sent his Son to chase after us.  Our God loves us so much that He chases after us with His never ending grace. “Your beauty and love chase after me...”  ~Psalm 23:6 MSG
  



He didn’t send His Son to condemn the world.  No, He sent His Son to SAVE the world.  


"The God who created the heavens and the earth … Who counts the stars and calls them by name … who provides rain for the earth and causes the grass to grow … who sends snow like white wool and hurls down hail like stones ... who heals the lame and makes the blind to see … *chooses* to live inside you and me." ~Wendy Blight, Living So That









I think of “my world” – my little world and all the people in it…and how easy it is to love my world.  But when I step out into new territory- expanding my world- my posture needs to be that of Jesus’.  It needs to be one of loving and giving verses judging and condemning…rejecting and shrinking.  Jesus’ message was and always is about LOVE.  I need to step into this new territory in love and light.  




What fills our hearts determines our choices.”
~Wendy Blight, Living So That  




 I think love always leaves a trail…you always know where to go when you are loved.  You feel safe and you know you can depend on the people that love you.  God so loved the world.  My little world - with my people – they know that they are loved.  




And thank God for sending His Son.  Thank God for running after us with His grace. God gives grace upon grace…In Living So That, Wendy Blight states,”Grace does not depend on what we have done, but on what God has done for us.” Read that last sentence again.  “Grace does not depend on what we have done, but on what God has done for us.”  WOW…that is beautiful.



One death brings life to everyone!  Jesus died so that we could be free from sin…so that we could have an eternal life with God in Heaven.



Jesus came so that we can be a part of God’s family. Jesus came so that we can hear the message God has for us…”Faith comes from hearing the message and the message is heard through the word of Christ.” ~Romans 10:17



Let God chase after you.  Let Him pour out His grace onto you.  Because this grace pouring that He does…makes us more like Jesus.  The more we let God into our lives the more we will choose to imitate Jesus.  He loves us so much that He sent His only Son to die for us.  Whatever God has to give – well, it’s really only going to shape us to be more like Jesus.  How can that be bad?

Because He loves us…He chases…and all we have to do is choose to let Him in.


Grace

Love

Jesus
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worry? Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

  This week's blog topic from Proverbs 31 OBS is on “Worry”… AND I know a thing or two about worry.  I’m betting a lot of you reading this do as well.  Dictionary.com defines worry as: “ to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts; fret. ” Torment oneself.  Suffer.  Fret.  That’s what I can do to myself sometimes.   I’ve heard that if you worry you don’t really trust that God can handle it.  You don’t trust God with it.  That’s hard to swallow for me.  Because I worry about my kids, my family, me, friends, etc.  But I’m in the Bible every single day.  I am a Jesus girl.  So for me to worry and then see that my worry means I don’t trust that God can handle it is hard.  UGH.   I am getting better about it though.  My time with God every morning is helping.  When I start to worry about something…I begin to pray.  I stop the tormenting in its tracks and give it to Jesus.  Now, I may have to give it to Jesus more than once. 

Running on Empty --- Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop Day

It’s the middle of summer and I feel like I am running on empty.  Ever feel that way?  The pace of summer is supposed to relax me but these past couple of days…I feel tired and done.  Right now- I don’t believe my life is telling the story of God’s grace.  Oh, I know His grace is all around me…He gives me grace D A I L Y.  But…am I giving grace to others?  No…not really because I am empty…drained…exhausted.  In fact, I told my kids that it would be an early bedtime last night because Mommy was done...that Mommy was on empty…that I had nothing more to give and we needed to just go to bed. <Insert Mommy guilt> I need to be filled up.  I want to be filled but I keep going through the motions of my day to day activities.  Depending on my own strength is draining me and causing me to say, “I have nothing more to give!”  When really…I do.  The other day, my daughter had a trail ride and as I stood in a big open field and looked out at God’s creati

Changed and Transformed ------ Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

It’s the day after Easter.   The kids are beginning to stir and wake.   I can hear them coughing and sneezing- allergies.   A new season is being born…beautiful blooms of flowers and trees busting open causes my peeps to be miserable.   The day after Easter - the Resurrection - a new hope…a new life…a new being born…all because of God’s Son.   All because of Jesus .    Anxiety and fear are my natural default.   As a kid I had so much anxiety in me before school days.   When I was in elementary school I was so afraid of a math tutor that I would have to go see…that one day I just hid in the stairwell thinking that I would stay there until it was time to go back to class.   I even heard my name being called over the speaker but never left the stairwell.    Jesus knows my name.      I’ve grown up but other things try to steal my peace. I was broken and starving for real food. Starving for The Bread of Life . I began to open up God’s Word and really