Skip to main content

Perfect Love? Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop Day!!!



Welcome!  I am so excited to begin another Online Bible Study with Proverbs 31!  This week I am talking about Perfect Love!




"My dear, dear friends, if God loved us like this, we certainly ought to love each other. No one has seen God, ever. But if we love one another, God dwells deeply within us, and his love becomes complete in us—perfect love!"  1John 4:11-12

I am imperfect.  What is perfect love?  To me, perfect love is God.  Perfect love is Jesus!  Every good and perfect gift is from God and rains down on me…on you.  

I have little patience.  I am selfish.  I worry.  I fear.  I don’t trust.  I play the “what if” game.  And I worry pray a lot.  A lot!!!


Perfect love has no worry.  

Perfect love has patience.

Perfect love has belief.

Perfect love gives grace.

Perfect love trusts in all things. ALL THINGS!


 
What if we could see perfect love every single day in our lives?  It’s in the looking that we wake up and see it.  When fear and worry creep into my day…and they do…I begin to write.  I begin to count out the blessings and then the worry starts to dim.  When I’m doing piles of laundry that never seems to end…I count the gifts.  Clothes.  Squeaky washing machine.  The mess in the laundry room.  My children that get to wear these clothes. 

When people would not leave Jesus alone…He didn’t lose his patience.  He looked on to them with compassion.  Perfect love.

When my people come running to me fighting with each other…do I look to them with compassion? Sadly…no, not all the time!  Imperfect love.  

Pause and count the blessings.  Thankful that I am their Mother that gets to help calm this storm.  Thankful that I am breathing to be in this moment.  



 
Rain keeps coming down here…it’s going on 5 days now.  Sometimes I feel down when it’s all gloomy outside and stressed when I try to be the “perfect” mom doing inside stuff.  But, I don’t have to be perfect to be loved by The Perfect One.  I don’t have to be “perfect” to my children because it is in the kneeling and asking for forgiveness that shows Jesus to them.  I don’t have to be “perfect” to have hope in The One that is perfect.  I don’t have to be “perfect” to come to Him.  He wants all my imperfections to show up so that He can use me…use my mess for His message.  




“Then you will know that I am the Lord. Those who hope in me will not be disappointed.”  ~ Isaiah 49:23b.

The closest thing I can think of that is an example of perfect love in my life would be the day that each of my children were born.  It doesn’t really come close to God’s perfect love!  But, bringing my babies into this crazy world and having them be God’s gift to me and my husband - looking into their eyes for the first time…was perfect love for me.  




“God is not looking for perfection.  He’s looking for surrender.”  ~Heidi St. John



 

Comments

  1. Just what I needed to hear today. Thank you Lord for your perfect love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that it was timely for you! =) Thank you for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures and I loved your blog. Reminds me of Ann VosKamp. May He continue to use our messes for His blessings. Thanks for sharing. Debbie W. (OBS Facebook Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Debbie...Ann is my FAVORITE!! Thank you!!!! Yes...may He continue to use our messes!!! Thank you for stopping by! =)

      Delete
  3. That was a beautiful message! Our view of perfection in this world is so different from what God wants to perfect in us. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi...and thank you for stopping by! =)

      Delete
  4. HI Michelle, This is a wonderful post expressing God's #perfectlove in our imperfect lives. Thank you for sharing this with us, and thank you for sharing the beautiful photographs. This post is truly a blessing.
    Carla- P31 OBS Group Leader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla and thank you for stopping by!! =)

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful reminder of perfect love! The pictures are wonderful and so are you words. Thank you for sharing! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda...and thank you for stopping by!! =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Worry? Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

  This week's blog topic from Proverbs 31 OBS is on “Worry”… AND I know a thing or two about worry.  I’m betting a lot of you reading this do as well.  Dictionary.com defines worry as: “ to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts; fret. ” Torment oneself.  Suffer.  Fret.  That’s what I can do to myself sometimes.   I’ve heard that if you worry you don’t really trust that God can handle it.  You don’t trust God with it.  That’s hard to swallow for me.  Because I worry about my kids, my family, me, friends, etc.  But I’m in the Bible every single day.  I am a Jesus girl.  So for me to worry and then see that my worry means I don’t trust that God can handle it is hard.  UGH.   I am getting better about it though.  My time with God every morning is helping.  When I start to worry about something…I begin to pray.  I stop the tormenting in its tracks and give it to Jesus.  Now, I may have to give it to Jesus more than once. 

A Raging Battle.... Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop

On Sunday of this week, we started a new online Bible study with Proverbs 31!  I am so excited because I love anything Proverbs 31!  Our study this time around is by one of my favorite authors, Lysa TerKeurst….and her book, Made to Crave !  I have read this book already and it is amazing.  If you want to jump in on the study…please do!  Go here to sign up:  http://proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/ This week for my blog topic I picked “A Raging Battle”   because food is not something I crave more than God…I crave other things.  God has shown me some things that I crave more than Him and it’s not pretty.  “My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord ; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.”  Psalm 84:2 For three years now I have been doing a 365 photo a day blog and last year I started writing every Thursday about my faith and whatever was on my heart.  I felt like this was something I was supposed to do.  When I

Running on Empty --- Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop Day

It’s the middle of summer and I feel like I am running on empty.  Ever feel that way?  The pace of summer is supposed to relax me but these past couple of days…I feel tired and done.  Right now- I don’t believe my life is telling the story of God’s grace.  Oh, I know His grace is all around me…He gives me grace D A I L Y.  But…am I giving grace to others?  No…not really because I am empty…drained…exhausted.  In fact, I told my kids that it would be an early bedtime last night because Mommy was done...that Mommy was on empty…that I had nothing more to give and we needed to just go to bed. <Insert Mommy guilt> I need to be filled up.  I want to be filled but I keep going through the motions of my day to day activities.  Depending on my own strength is draining me and causing me to say, “I have nothing more to give!”  When really…I do.  The other day, my daughter had a trail ride and as I stood in a big open field and looked out at God’s creati